Are you Moving? Don’t Know Where to Begin? Need a mover you can trust?
Start with ABC! No surprises! No hidden charges! No additional charges for stairs or large items!
NEXT DAY MOVING • SHORT & LONG DISTANCE MOVERS • RESIDENTIAL & BUSINESS MOVING • PACKING SERVICES • STORAGE OPTIONS • MOVING SUPPLIES
You can depend on ABC Movers! We are here to make your moving experience as pleasant as possible, using all of our resources and experience. If you decide to do some or all of your own packing for your move, it’s important that you read our Packing Tips. We offer important tips & techniques to help you in this process, packing and temporary storage services at competitive prices guaranteed to fulfill all your relocation expectations. Since 1973, ABC has moved the families and businesses throughout Texas, while establishing a reputation of dependability and trust. We can help you save money on moving Long Distance. The Company prides itself in providing affordable moving services, with the best workers who care for each and every customer.
We have developed several movers’ techniques which increase customer satisfaction and reduced moving cost dramatically for our customers. We are professional, dependable and an honest moving company. ABC Movers is fully insured with general liability move insurance.
Friendly Texas Attitude • Quick and Efficient • Any Size Move • Experienced and Courteous • Competitive Pricing • Free Moving Estimates • Safe and Secure • Free Moving Tips • Free Packing Tips • Free Moving Checklist
We are committed to helping our seniors relocate and to make the process of moving for them an easy one. High-Rise Apartment or Ground Floor! No Problem!
ABC Movers hopes that you will consider us to assist in your move!
It’s better to move on a weekday – when banks, utilities companies and government offices are open.
Prepare plenty of boxes, moving supplies and labels a few weeks ahead of your move. You can utilize our wardrobe boxes and use your luggage. Please safeguard your valued items. Keep important papers with you (birth certificates, school records, utility company numbers, bank records, current bills, phone lists, etc.)
Leave the power and water at your old address on for a couple of days, then you can return to clean place up later if you need to. Don’t forget to rent or hire a carpet cleaner.
Consolidate your cleaning supplies. Find a safe place for pets on the moving day.
- Take a pictures of everything before packing & moving for your records. Prepare ahead room plans to avoid re-aranging a lot of items later.
- Always label moving boxes – items used daily are much easier to find in clearly labeled boxes. In addition, you will know which box belongs in what room and its corresponding cabinet/ desk/ drawer or shelf.
- Don’t overload the boxes or they will be too heavy to lift and might easily break.
- Use blankets, towels, t-shirts and sweat shirts to pack fragile items.
- Disassemble big items (like furniture) first – later you might be too tired.
- Don’t pack perishable items such as milk products, meat, and eggs; dispose or give them away.
- Don’t pack valuable Items (jewelry, personal papers, digital data, medicine, small collections, financial statements, tax records) – keep them with you.
- Don’t pack hazardous materials (explosive, flammable, or corrosive) – they are illegal to move and can be very dangerous to your health.
- Dispose or donate clothes that you don’t need or don’t fit anymore.
- Dispose of all broken items that can’t be repaired.
- Defrost the refrigerator first, then tie all the doors.
- All electronic items will be best to pack in original boxes – if not available – wrap them in “antistatic” packing materials while placing them in specialty boxes… Don’t forget to keep them in an upright position.
- Remove all mirrors, frames, and pictures, the wrap them and place them into a box which is bigger in size.
- Notify current & future utility providers: electricity, internet, phones, TV, security systems, water, gas, recycling pick-up, propane, sewer, and trash. It’s generally a good idea to turn off current services the day after the move and turn on future services the day before the move.
- Have enough cash to cover expenses on moving day.
- File a Change of Address with the U.S. Post Office. Also notify (if applicable) of your change of address: Banks, IRS, Phone providers, Courts (bankruptcy, traffic or disputes), Credit bureaus, DMV, Insurance providers, SSA, Veteran Services, Subscriptions, Scheduled pickup & delivery services, Doctors, Membership services, Child/Senior care services, House of worship, Retirement plan holders, etc.
- Make arrangements for child/pet sitting.
- Make arrangements to return items: cable/satellite equipment, all rental items, library items, trash cans/recycle bins.
- Make sure your cell phone is fully charged. Have a list of phone numbers you will need.
- Take with you: prescriptions, eyeglasses (if needed), and toiletries.
- Check AC/heaters/fans. Shut off the water. Turn all lights off.
- Dispose of anything that is flammable or hazardous.
- Have your car serviced.
- Leave all keys (garage door openers) and leave your contact info for the new residents in order to forward anything to you.
- Confirm future home address with movers.
ABC Movers offers an extensive array of moving supplies and packing materials for all your relocation needs. All the right supplies for your household move, storage, office relocation or towing needs. Please review our Price List and call 210.846.1090 to place your order. Free delivery of supplies available with scheduled moves! (Some restrictions apply)